Graco My Ride or Evenflo Triumph?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My almost three year old is still RF in a Evenflo Triumph and I LOVE it...love the harness adjusting knob on the side BUT I also LOVE the Graco products. When I bought the ETA two years ago, the Myride wasn't around...if I needed/wanted to get one or the other tomorrow, I would go with the Myride because the RF limit is higher than the ETA...although the weight hasn't been an issue in the ETA since my son is holding steady at 30-31 pounds??

My SIL is going to need a new seat for my niece soon (moving out of infant carrier) and I'm going to suggest Myride to her
    Anonymous

• i have had triumph for both kids and they are awesome!
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 8:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We have an Evenflo Triumph and I LOVE it... however, the MyRide would be a better choice and will last MUCH longer than the Triumph...
    Another seat to include in your options would be the TrueFit.... with the Myride vs the TrueFit... the Myride is a bit better for shorter kids that are a little heavier and the TrueFit fits long skinny kids better. Both seats forward face to 65 lbs... the Myride rear faces to 40 lbs, but if your kiddo is tall then they outgrow it in height before weight, so the 5 extra lbs isn't a big deal. So it depends on the build of your kiddo.
    With the Triumph, we still have our 18 month old rear facing in it and he'll be able to stay that way until he's at least 2... and he's 35 inches and 26 lbs... he'll outgrow it in height first (if he had the Myride he's also outgrow it around the same time, with the truefit he could stay in it longer)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:23 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My daughter has the triump and it's great. We just changed her to forward facing-she's 36 in and 30 pounds. She just turned 2. She climbs into the seat and the straps are pretty easy to adjust-once you get the hang of it.
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 7:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I really wanted the MyRide, but it was too big for our car.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• We have the MyRide65 and LOVE it. DD looks so comfy in it. She's 17 months and still RF without any problems. It's easy to get her in and out of it and dh said it's easy to install.
    purplemoosemom

Answer by purplemoosemom at 8:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• We're getting two MyRides this month because I despise our current seat. Ds is 20 months and around 33lbs right now, so we need the higher RF weight limit. Plus the MyRide harnesses to 65lbs, whereas the Triumph only goes to 50lbs.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 9:22 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• just a FYI...if you take your old seat (or a stroller or crib) to Babies R Us...they will give you 25% off a car seat (or a stroller or crib) until late Feb. I can't rememeber the exact date/details but you can find the info. on their websight
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2010