BABY FOOD??

WHEN DID YOU START YOUR LITTLE ONE ON STAGE 2 FOODS? MY DD HAS BEEN EATING STAGE 1 FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW AND SHE HAS TRIED ALL OF THEM (SO SHE IS NOT ALLERGIC TO ANY OF THEM). SHE IS NOW STARTING TO TRY TO CRAWL AND WHEN I FEED HER SHE IS STARTING TO GET AGGRESSIVE AND EAT ALOT MORE. WOULD THIS BE A GOOD TIME TO START STAGE 2?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• stage 2 foods is just a bit thicker than stage 1!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You can start them when you feel comfortable with them, I would think that it is fine. My DD started eating table food at 9 months.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• WHAT ABOUT JUICE AND WATER?
    Anonymous

• My son went to stage two once he mastered whatever he was eating of stage one...like if we were comfy with stage 1 bananas, we went ot stage two...we really flew through the baby food...the stages are suggestions not really set in stone!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It's up to you on the food, since you've already begun. I'd say around 6 mos you can introduce water in a sippy at mealtimes, and juice isn't ever necessary.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Juice is ok after 6 months old water not until they are months or older and even then it should be limited until 12 months.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• LOL Juice is ok but water isn't. For some reason, that makes me laugh.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• lol, I agree Kyrsta622!! Juice better than water?? OKAY!!

Juice is never necessary, water is fine in moderation but in BF babies it isn't really needed, in FF babies it is really only needed when it's really warm out. They get plenty of water from BM or Formula. You can give sips here and there starting at 6 months. I'd stay away from juice. Empty calories, too much sugar, and it fills them up. Stage 2 foods anytime if your baby is devouring the Stage 1 and still seems hungry. Stage 2 is just thicker and has more in it.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I never understood the whole "stage" thing. We just pureed our food.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2010