Wonder why she isn't asking Obama this?

Pelosi: Where Are the Jobs, Mr. President?

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement today on the Bureau of Labor Statistics' announcement that 470,000 people abandoned their job searches in July and that 3.2 million private sector jobs have been lost since President Bush took office:
http://www.house.gov/pelosi/press/releases/Aug03/prWherearetheJobs080103.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh I cannot ever imagine why she is not LOL ...damn good find...talk about horrific hypocrisy
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Maybe because O is too busy talking to the teleprompter lately.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I love that the Democrats have had control for how long now? It was only 2003 when she made that statement and we were attacked and had gone to war. We are still at war and the Dems have had control of spending for a few years running now (isn't it since 2006?). I don't recall unemployment reaching the level it is now back in the Bush days.

I guess this is like when they said that dissent was patriotic under Bush but it's unpatriotic under Obama.  Like toddlers, they try to change the rules when they are losing ground.

Anonymous

• 3.2 million private sector jobs have been lost since President Bush took office:

Do you want the question asked of Obama or Bush? Seems like you are going back on your own rule to leave Bush out of all these discussions since he can not be blamed for anything prior to 1/20/09.
    Anonymous

• was patriotic under Bush but it's unpatriotic under Obama

You have this backwards. Don't you remember "You are either with us or you are a terrorist."? That was Bush and objecting was seen as borderline treasonous where as deriding Obama has become the sore loser national pasttime and it is now the height of patriotism.

You can pick up that bag of hypocracy at the door--you may leave now.
    Anonymous

• back in the Bush days.
    ______________________
    We are still living under most of the same taxes and regulations as we did under Bush. So this unemployment is still a reaction to the Bush administration policies, even though everyone prefers to act as though businesses massively hire or fire for any other reason except for demand for their services. I would like to add that unemployment is a lagging indicator of a recovery, and since so many jobs were lost, it will take years to fully recover no matter what anyone does.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• First you have quoted gwb wrong probably on purpose...and secondly he is not president not president obama is and all of those old hacks who helped create the mess we already had that they and obama are now making MUCH worse
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You have this backwards. Don't you remember "You are either with us or you are a terrorist."?

I am talking about what Pelosi and Clinton both said back then and in the now. Very differing statements that depend on who is in the WH. I don't care if people didn't want to go to war. I can totally understand why a lot of people didn't want to go. I can understand (under BOTH administrations) why people would express their anger at government decisions. I personally never considered it unpatriotic to express dissent. I do find it unpatriotic to depict any of our Presidents as Hitler or hanging effigies of them or other elected officials. But then again, I consider those people the fringe and not the mainstream of their parties. I guess I am too grown up for that.

Anonymous

• I can't open the link (on bb)... But here is a quote I heard recently: Nancy Pelosi is more unhinged than the front door of a double wide trailer during a DEA crystal meth bust.~Dennis Miller :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• so sad, Dennis Miller used to be so funny.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010