A Biblical Defense of Catholicism (book)

has anyone read this book? I found it when I was looking up something against the Catholic church in a particular post. One more good thing to come from all the negative post. If you search long enough, you will find the truth.

Has anyone read this book? Can you tell me what you think? I think I am going to read it and pass it along to others.

"I highly recommend A Biblical Defense of Catholicism, which I find to be thoroughly orthodox, well written, and effective in making Catholic truth more understandable and accessible to the public at large."

Fr. John A. Hardon, S. J.
The Catholic Catechism

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't read it, but thanks for the suggestion I'm add it to my wish list on amazon.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I noticed that there is also a companion guide to the book that was mentioned.  I was wondering if anyone has used it as well and what they thought of it?

Book

Companion Guide

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I think this will be a great read to start giving more accurate defense towards anti Catholic post
    Anonymous

• Haven't read it but I will be adding it to my list as well. I just finished "Catholicism for Dummies" which is great and I just started "The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Catechism of the Catholic Church" which came with my copy of the Catechism and so far it's really great too. Both of those are SUPER easy to read.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 8:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Right now I'm reading, You Can Understand the Bible: A Practical and Illuminating Guide to Each Book in the BIble by Peter Kreeft. This is a very good book, its written in small segments so you can read a little everyday while having your cup of coffee.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Does that include the Deuterocanonical books Ryansmom? Sounds like another I'd be interested in. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever find enough time to get through everything on my ever-growing list!
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes whittear it does include Deuterocanonical books and the Apocrypha.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• you will find one or more of those for each denomination.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Here is a review of his book and I think this is authors blog as well. From my understanding the author is  a protestant converted to Catholicism. This book is filled with biblical reference to back up the Catholic church

Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I've read it and do reference it. Some parts are not that easy to read - but I do think it's a helpful book. The website "Biblical Evidence for Catholicism" is also helpful and quite detailed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2010