Vow made to the Celtic/Irish people by the God(s)

This guy in another forum here online has told me that there is a vow the Celtic god(s) made to the pagan people of Ireland, that they would only let those of Ireland ( currently living there and of Irish descendant) worship them. That the "gods" will never break this oath that they are for their people only. I have asked for proof of this vow and he has not been able to give me any poof of it. Does any one else know of this "vow" and can show it to me. I am very much interested in this, I want to know if he is bsing me . The only vow I ever heard of was from a book called "Morrigans Cross" by Nora Roberts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have NEVER heard of such a vow, and I have Celtic leanings. Of course, I could just be "overlooking" it, but why woud any God say something like this?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Op here: I am so confused. I don't understand why they would bound themselves to "irish" only and ireland only. :-(
    Anonymous

• I had a question about Aeval the Celtic goddess of sexuality. (Called the “Lady of Sexuality,” she was a prominent goddess in Ireland. Aeval is the Fairy Queen of Munster, the expert in Celtic mythology in Ireland.) I contacted the expert on Celtic mythology in Ireland. Look online for the email address
    Anonymous

• These were the warranties of the Fair,
    loudly acclaimed at all seasons,
    at coming in and at going forth
    without any rude hostility.
    105] From the Tuatha De to the children of Mil,
    it was a refuge for noble ladies and princely men;
    from the children of Mil ('twas a clear fact),
    till Patrick of Ard Macha, it was a refuge.
    Heaven, earth, sun, moon, and sea,
    110] fruits of earth and sea-stuff,
    mouths, ears, eyes, possessions,
    feet, hands, warriors' tongues,
    Horses, swords, chariots fair,
    spears, shields, and faces of men,
    115] dew, mast, sheen on leaf,
    day and night, ebb and flow: —
    The hosts of Banba, free from enduring sorrow,
    gave all these completely as pledges
    that it should not lie under gloom of disputes
    120] to interrupt it, every third year.
    The Gentiles of the Gaels held
    often time with great acclamation
    a Fair, without law, without sin
    Anonymous

• I too have some Celtic studies under my belt at this point, and this is a new idea to me. Although I understand why the Gods would only be watchful for those of Irish decent. My beliefs are that in the beginning there were a Great God & Goddess and that they "parented" (for lack of a better word) all the other gods. These "lesser" gods & goddesses became the pantheons of different cultures. Because there were different Gods & Goddesses "assigned" to watch over different peoples, those people would have a natural preference with those specific gods. Meaning simply that someone of Irish decent would have greater ties to Celtic Gods than they would say, Egyptian Gods - Unless of course he is Egyptian as well...

And it makes sense to me that someone would try to closely follow their own heritage. If this person was possibly raised Celtic or Druid, this vow could be something passed to him from his ancestors. cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• OR it could be something that was passed to him by his coven/grove or could even be something from literature or something he wrote himself. Many Pagans have a Pantheon they feel closer ties to than others, for me like this person, I feel my greatest tie to the Celts being I myself an of Irish/Scottish heritage. However, my dedication and daily devotionals are not said to any specific deity or group, but to the Great God & Goddess, for I believe without them, there would be no others. For this person, he directs his devotion to the Celtic/Druid Pantheon... It's really that simple.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Thank you Sabrina! I have Irish/scottish herritage also. Along with German and Cherokee. This all in the past 100 years. But anyways. Morrigan came to me about 4 years ago through dreams and many other signage. This dude has said that it didn't happen and that Morrigan who is one of the original of the Tuatha De Danann and she would never break her ties to the land and since I don't live in Ireland. She isn't my goddess.. I'm so confused. ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• He's fulla malarkey.

Nora Roberts is a FICTION author (Loved that "Cross" Trilogy, tho!)

If you believe Morrigan came to you...She came to you.

Worship as you will.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• MamaK88 I love that "fiction" story also. But I personally love the Three Sisters Island Trilogy ><
    Anonymous