Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

probably way to personal but...

So i have this bump. . On my private area. Its really far back which makes me think maybe hemmoroid?? Or ingrown hair? But 1. .I don't know what a hemmoroid looks like and its kinda painful like an ingrown hair. Its about the size of a dime and round. . sorry everybody. .Anyone had this happen either from shaving or any other reason?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

Answers (7)
  • How far back is it? If it is by the anus. Then it is a hemorrhoid. Otherwise not sure. I could be an ingrown hair or could be something else.


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • hems are on the inside or outside of the poo hole. Is that where it is? If its on your girly parts outer lips or inner could just be a pimple with or without ingrown hair. If it's the first try some otc hem cream and don't strain when pooing. That really stresses out your rectum and hole. If you feel raw or saw pat some clean now for bathroom use only kitchen cornstarch there or baby powder or talc there but if it has menthol in it (one brand of body powder does) if you're irritated a bit raw it could really sting.
    Sometimes rectal hems are from not eating enough fiber.

    If your bump is in your girl part try applying warm moist heat if it's outside or outer lips, apply frequently to open it and drain it.
    If you have neosporin or close to it you can take a cue tip and dab some on it to apply.

    if it increases in size horrifically or hardens call doc or see urgent care, e r.

    Answer by lfl at 8:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • i actully know the answer to this its claled a bartholomuew(sp?) syst its kinda like a pimple on your private parts cuased by alot of diffrent thigns i had on abut 6 months ago and actully got s scraed i went to the doctors for it and he told me it woudl go away on its own i could do a warm water bath and try to "pop" it but he reccomended etting it go away on its own he did put me on an antibiotic to help it heal quicker so the pain would stop but it wasnt needed you cna web md it if you knwo how to spell bartholomew (its the fromal name of bart i so cant spell lol)

    Answer by jajamama at 8:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • I'd get it checked out- if it's a std you want them to see it now, and get treated soon.
    If you don't have a regular doctor, I'd call planned parenthood.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • jajamama - It's called a Bartolin Cyst.

    Answer by acollins09 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

  • Good luck!


    Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

  • Hemorrhoids are blood vessels that become enlarged in the rectum, either from straining to have a bowel movement or from childbirth, etc... and are in the rectum. If this lump is outside on the skin of your rear, it could be a boil. They usually get to be around the size of a dime and can become very painful. They usually look like a pimple, with a "head" but they don't go away as easily. You could try some Black Salve or some call it Drawing cream. It's kinda messy so cover it with a bandage until it goes away. Takes a day or two. Good luck with it.

    Answer by mambalamba at 1:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.