Has anyone else had their membranes stripped by their doctor?

I did today and am in sooooo much pain....

momamay2010

Asked by momamay2010 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did with my second pregnancy and it hurt me, I started contracting but it didn't help what so ever~! They had to give me cervadil when I was 41 1/2 weeks pregnant! Good Luck!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I did by my midwife...I wasn't in pain though after the first pain of her actually doing it? I went golfing the next day lol

are you sure they aren't labor pains? doing that can put you in to labor? that is what is supposed to happen...didn't for me though? what kind of pain are you having?
    Anonymous

• i did, and it hurt so bad I thought I was gonna kick the Dr in the face...I had to refrain.
    Anonymous

• i did. didnt hurt me at all. i had her the next morning. i went into labor 3 hrs after i got it done
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had it done it didn't hurt but i can cause a slow leak of amnio fluid so don't do it until week 39 and after.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had it done and it hurt pretty bad but other than some brown spotting afterwards nothing.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Thank you guys so much! They could be labor pains but i dont feel like they are that bad. My doctor didnt warn me about what he was doing he just did it. It hurt soooo much when he did it and i felt pains after too but they dont compare to the pains im having right now. I was being monitored at the hospital earlier today and it was reading that i was having contractions but they werent painful enough to be labor contractions so they sent me home. Now im in a lot of pain but i dont want to get excited and call my doctor unless i feel like im actually IN labor, ya know? I already lost my mucus plug but i havent had any breaking of any water. I'm so uncomfortable :(
    momamay2010

Answer by momamay2010 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sounds like labor to me, I had true labor contractions and didn't feel them until late into my early labor so the hospital is kind of weird sending you home because you aren't in pain. If it gets to where you can't talk through the pain call your doctor, and go on in.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• F.Y.I. I am 39 weeks and 3 days.
    momamay2010

Answer by momamay2010 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i had it done at 38 and 39 weeks, didnt work either time, an i had no pain. he didnt warn me the first time either, it just felt really wierd.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010