what to do when your only daughter steels $43,000.00 from you. from Harricane Katrina. I can't put her in jail. she is all I have left. My house had 11 feet of water and my husband died last year. HELP.

what would you do?

carol7

Asked by carol7 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• what can you do if not turn her in? will she give the money back? if your answer was no then what coul dyou possibly do...sorryy no help here GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO PRAY BECAUSE MY WORDS CAN'T EVEN HELP YOU IN THIS SITUATION.
    godsaves

Answer by godsaves at 9:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'm sure you love your daughter but you need a home, I would say turn her in... years later she will understand.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'm sorry all these bad things have happened in your life.Mine recently stole $800 from me.It made me really angry.I guess just follow your gut feelings on what to do about it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yes I understand... it happened to us very recently. We confronted our 18 year old daughter and she returned almost all back and let her keep some as she asked for some as she needed it. We told her that she has to choose to return the money or we will have to report to the police as it is crime. We need to have tough love with our children and they will thank us eventually.
    veronicabohol

Answer by veronicabohol at 5:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2008