I'm 24 weeks pregnant and about a month ago I started really hearing my heartbeat in my left ear all day long. Has this happened to anyone else? I've never had any sort of ear problems.

nini_78

Asked by nini_78 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have a mole below a breast. In my first pregnancy about half way through all of a sudden that area started buzzing such that I could HEAR THE BUZZZZZZZZZZZ - Drove me CRAZY - I felt like going to a surgeon to have exploratory surgery!!!! After a while it finally went away. With second and third pregnancies nothing happened and still had mole.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i havethat happen to me even when am not pregnant. its annoying
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• yes! it happened to me same ear when i was pg with my son! was soooo annoying!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It has to do with your increased blood volume during pregnancy. The carotid artery runs right by your ear, and many people hear that all day, every day. Definitely bring it up to your doctor, and keep an "ear" out for it after you deliver. In the meantime, there probably isn't much you can do, other than tough it out. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2010