Just took my two kindergartners to the dentist today....very upset...

I dont know if I have a right to feel upset about this but I went to the dentist with my two kiddies today and they let me go back for the cleaning , but my daughters nurse was a complete 'you know what', right in front of me she was like "keep your hands off me" in a snide voice, as my DD was trying to pull her hand back from her mouth because it was choking her a bit, and then she was like oh she needs xrays and I asked her if it would only be one xray and ONLY her mouth, but she did two and the machine swivelled ALL THE WAY AROUND HER HEAD! then she was still being curt and a bit mean to my DD telling her "be still" and she was totally NOT nice about it, now my sons nurse (both DD and son were in same room) was completely NICE. no problems with her. then here comes the news that my daughter has two tiny pinhole cavities in one tooth, so now the dentist came in (he seemed nice) and was like we could fill it today...cont...

protectivemompa

Asked by protectivemompa at 8:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• NO THEY SHOULD NOT BE CRYING!!!!! The reason your dd was crying is cuz of the way she was being treated, not cuz of the pain. Laughing gas is a local anesthetic, like novacaine. Won't put em out but they shouldn't be feeling any pain at all. Kids pick up on the vibes of others, if they were holding her down... I'd be crying too!!! Ass munches! Don't beat yourself up, just refuse to let ppl treat your kids w/out you being present. If they won't let you watch then they're doing things that shouldn't be done in the 1st place.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• but it would take a half hour so I agreed, but they made me WAIT in the waiting room, I began to get nervous as I heard my daughter whimpering and crying from the other room, so I went to check on her and got reprimanded by the nurses that I was not even allowed CLOSE to the or room and that she was just uncomfortable, I thought the 'laughing gas' was supposed to make her laugh not cry!!! why was my baby crying??? then when i left to sit down they had her in there for over a half hour, I noticed her looking sad and asked her why she was crying later that day she told me in detail about what happened, she said they held her down and stuck all these tools in her mouth and she could not breathe! she said she was choking and that they kept holding her down! I am livid because when she was only 3 she went to a dentist and has a small cavity and he filled it and let me IN THE ROOM no problem and she didnt even whimper!!!
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 9:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• all i want to know is....If a child is on the laughing gas are they supposed to be crying like that???
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 9:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i would tell someone in the office or do a survey thing about it. there is no excuse for them to be rude. she could have tramatized ur dd for life since that was her first appointment at the dentist. i would have said something to her at the office instead of letting it bottle up in me.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 9:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't go back to a place where I was not allowed to be in the room. Or at least be able to see them.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Time to find a different pediatric dentist. Request an interview with the dentist when you find one you are interested in.
    Anonymous

• Well, I think the laughing gas just relaxes them. Are you sure they gave it to her?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• thanks guys im having much anxiety about this, momtwobabes Im not sure they did, they said they did but Im just not sure, i do know they put the thing on her nose because she described that in detail, what im not sure of is if they gave her any gas in it, also, they let me in the room for the cleaning but not the cavity fill ins...just made me sooo upset hearing my dd cry like that!!!
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 9:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• then what made it worse was that my dd told me again that when I was not in the room, that freaking nurse said to her in a mean voice 'DONT TOUCH ME " AGAIN!!! I WENT RED...
    protectivemompa

• phipps andrea, I should have i was just so upset and wanted to get out of there asap!!!
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 9:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2010