What size dress do I wear?

How do I figure out my dress size? I know I wear a large or extra large, depending on the dress.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• A large is usually a 14-16 and an XL is usually an 18-20, so that's a pretty wide range of number sizes.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• No clue. You need to try them on.
    Anonymous

• How old are you? You dont know your dress size? Well, ummm...you go put one on...if its too tight you try a bigger size until it fits you. If its to small, you get a bigger size...keep going up until it fits you. Does that help?
    Anonymous

• if it is like a special type of dress for weddings, proms, ect, u need to take ur measurements. bust, stomache, hips. most places have a chart where u can match up ur dress size to ur measurements. if its from some place like walmart, sears, dilards, ur best bet would just be to try on a variety of sizes close to u.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 9:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• wow anons, no need to be rude. Perhaps I should clarify my question: Im looking for a number size so I can do some online shopping. Thank you Phipps, I will look into size charts.
    Anonymous