While I love my husband, do you ever wonder about your first love?

My high school boyfriend was definitely my first love. My parents were very strict and pretty much did their best to keep us apart. Every time I see him, I still get butterflies, and I know he feels the same. We have a daughter now, so I no longer have other choices. I want my daughter to always live in a home with both of her parents. I think my high school boyfriend was my soulmate. I"m not the only one. His mother feels the same way and I can tell that he does also. Every time I see him, I can see he still loves me. I feel guilty for still loving him, but I can't help it. Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i often think about my first real boyfriend whom I loved so much. We broke up after a while, but still remained tight tight friends. His girlfriend actually looked for me on facebook recently so we could get back in touch with each other which was so cool of her. We have caught up over the phone and his girlfriend is mad cool. Nothing weird about what she did, it was purely to reunite us, because we had a lot of fun high school memories together. She knows I have a child and am in a very serious relationship, not too mention i am many states away. She doesnt consider me a threat, otherwise she wouldnt have contacted me!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I married my first love. We went to our 20 year HS reunion a few months ago, and I was thankful that I didn't have those what if regrets. That said, it wasn't smooth sailing, and we weren't together from the time we met.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I still think about my boyfriend before my husband. we were perfect for each other, besides religion. that's kinda what broke us up. he persued me long after we were broken up, not knowing I was engaged to my husband. I often think about him, but I also think...I don't know that person anymore...he's gone on with his life, has another child with his significant other, and my husband and I have created 4 beautiful children. My husband drives me crazy, but I love him, and want to be with him.
    You have to remember, the feelings your feeling, are feelings that happened when you were a teenager, when you had no kids, and when you were both different people. Would you give up all you have now...for him? I would hope not.
    Anonymous

• I married my first love. We have 2 kids and a wonderful life...most of the time :P Tho I do have a high school boyfriend that I think about occasionally because I know he got really into drugs in college, when I pass by his old neighborhood taking my daughter to school in the mornings, I wonder if he's still alive.
    Anonymous

• WOW! u sound just like me! i have a daughter too, our stories are too similar
    Anonymous

• I was going to leave my bf for my first love.
    My bf and I were not getting along for a few years. I had a daughter by my first love and we would keep in touch. Well in 2008 things werent working well in either of our relationships so we had decided to try again. We knew this time it was going to work out and was going to be so great because we were made for each other. We were soul mates and we both knew it.
    I was so excited and was so ready to be held in the arms of the man my heart just melts for. The man I have loved since the day I meet him. The man I have loved for 15 years.
    Well that just a dream now. He was shot Dec 11, 2008.
    Anonymous

• No you are not alone in this.My first love and I have a 13 yr old son together so i have a 24 hour a day reminder of what might have been.It is an awful feeling to know we were great together but just couldnt get our shit together(we were to young when we concieved)Not one day goes by that i don't think about what i've lost with him.But i have also gained many things i wouldn't have gotten if we were still together.I have so much more confidence in myself knowing how strong i can really be to get through things.I also am married with an absolutely beautiful son.But in my heart i think he will always be there.
    Anonymous

• I often think I married the wrong man, but I'm too comfortable to do anything about it. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband.
    Anonymous

• OP here--I would never cheat. That is just something I would NEVER do. Not only for my beliefs, but also because I want to set a wonderful example for my daughter. I want her to grow up in a home with both of her parents. We don't fight a lot at all. He does annoy me. I won't lie. However, I am a neat freak and he would be a clutter bug if it wasn't for me. Not to mention that he has gained like 40lbs since we met, when he was chubby to begin with. Either way, I will do whatever it takes to stick it out. I never want to deal with custody issues. Even though I am the one who spends 90% of the time with her, I don't want to ever cross that bridge. It just bothers me a little more that I am not in the slightest bit sexually attracted to my husband. Imagine your man with 40+ extra pounds. I still love him, but lovemaking is a chore. Anon 9:25-I wish we could talk, but we're both anonymous....who are you?
    Anonymous

• OH MY Anon 9:36-------I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you.
    Anonymous