Do you think God is offended when people question his path?

I get so mad about child murders, or illness that leads to death, or the death of a young parent.....I'm not so sure I can just have blind faith. Does God still want and love me? I know about evil, but how come some things just don't see fair or right, and yet they still happen? Is this type of wonder wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• nope, the ?'s you have are the ?'s ppl have struggled w/ since the dawn of time. don't think we will truely ever understand & only thru ?ing will we figure out what we believe in. The more you ?, the more you decide what you believe. Blind faith makes you drink the koolaid, not walk closer w/ the one up above.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• You can't have the good without the bad, the saints without the sinners...etc. If we had no opposition in this world, we wouldn't be able to aknowledge blessings, or see the beauty in the good. We would also not be able to grow and develop as children of our Heavenly Father. We couldn't progress.
    Not to say it isn't hard....because it's extremely hard.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• God is more bad about evil than we are, and He is dealing with it in a progressive way. A good book for you to read would be Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I am reading it right now, and it deals with all of this stuff. It is brilliant.

It is not wrong to question, it is wrong if you give up on God without looking for the answer to the questions you have.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I meant God is more mad at evil than we are.

sorry : )
    Cinnamon-mom

• I don't think God is mad about us questioning what we don't understand. I think he wants us to go to him in prayer and ask him directly about what we don't get...I think he's delighted to hear from us, and delighted to teach us.
    Anonymous

• imho God doesn't want blind faith :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Mines not offended by questioning. If yours is, maybe you need to find a different one.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• if God wanted blind-faith, He wouldn't allow free will.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:20 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• When I became an atheist and gave up my belief in ridiculous Jewish fairy tales, I waited for the lightning bolt of god's wrath to strike. Of course, it never did. An imaginary creature cannot have any feelings or opinions and so cannot "hate" evil. He also cannot exercise control over evil...or good for that matter. Meaning that he cannot control or direct the actions of human beings. Making this non-existent creature neither omnipotent nor all-powerful. Evil exists because, in the words of Epicurus, "If god both desires to banish evil and has the power to do so, then from whence cometh evil?"
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If God is mad at me, because I don't feel there is enough evidence to support his existence, then he's a very sad and desperate God indeed.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2010