What percentage of Americans have a positive view on socialism?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125645/Socialism-Viewed-Positively-Americans.aspx

read the entire thing its interesting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Im not that savy on the subject, but from what Ive read and learned in college, Socialism always sounded like a good thing to me!!! Im in agreement with the phrase "there is a shrinking middle class". I also fail to find out why the Communist Manifesto was such a hated book among Americans as I agreed with much of their writings. Carl Marx and Fred Engels that is. I do believe that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and that unless you start out with much money in your family, its hard to make it big. Its rare thats for sure.
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 9:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

•  I would need to see similar polls from Pew, Rasmussen, etc to compare... But 36% of 972 adults polled doesn't seem like a whole Hullabaloo.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I think in countries that have been operating under that system for a great deal of time and whose populace agrees with and supports the ideals it's perfectly acceptable. Talk to some Scandinavians, most love what the systems offers and the predictability/uniformity of how things operate. Of course, this system would never work here, for the obvious reasons. Socialism involves give and take-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Wow, I could poll 1000 from my boys schools and get a totally different answer!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• NO THANKS!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The whole article was interesting - particularly in how different the ratings were on terms that meant the same thing but given different titles (like capitalism vs free enterprise).
    Anonymous

• So, they polled less than 1000 people to see what more than 300 million people think? That works out to around 0.0003% of the population. Is this a normal sized sample to determine what America thinks? It seems rather small to me, but then, I am not a professional pollster, so what do I know?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I would say there is not a single american in america who even understands socialism
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

I would say you are truly ignorant then.

And, If that poll is correct, then our pathetic school system is doing it's job to dumb down America.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Many illegals do too, even though they fled their "socialist governent."
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2010