If there is a mouse loose in my home , and it leaves poop throughout the kitchen or home, am I at risk?

baca2jaire

Asked by baca2jaire at 9:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Rodent urine and feces can transmit meningitis and hanta virus. But not every rodent is infected. Get traps. Clean well. Wear gloves and a mask.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Depends on where you live, and either way you should have it dealt with
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Yes, all poop has bacteria & nastiness. Make someone else clean it up or wear a mask & gloves. Blubonic plague is airborne
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I cought a mouse with my bare hands last winter when it was running through my living room..lol I screamed then jumped then went into action! lmao.. then a nother time I chased one in my sons room and cornered it and cought it with a plastic bowl... lmao who needs a cat? i ccan do it myself...lol :) Just after you catch it make sure you wash EVERYTHING in you kitchen even if there isn't poop around it, they can still have walked across it! I would wash everthing because it would make me sick thinking that a mouse had walked on that pan and I was going to cook in it..lol gl catching them
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• ick! I hate mice! if you want to catch it, try peanut butter on those spring traps. it usually kills them quick and you don't have to worry about them crawling off and dying somewhere like with poison. Those glue traps are horrible to them I think.

My housemate got them upstairs (we're downstairs) and she tried those live traps, but didn't work. She put out the spring traps when I threatened to go buy a python she was on board with the old fashion spring traps.
    Anonymous

• ugh! I hate mice! lol we during the fall we found out we had a freaking family getting in the house through a whole in the wall. well we tried those store traps which didn't work. Finally we had to call an exterminator. It might be your only chance. We caught those suckers, patched up the hole and haven't had a problem since. I know how you feel, I felt like I was being terrorized in my own home! lol But yeah, he's most likely getting in through a small opening so try and find that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010