Anybody Tried (ebay)?

Was wondering if anyone has ever taken their stuff to an ebay store. Like the ones that you take stuff to and they list and sell it and ship it for you? How much do they usually charge? Do they check how much the stuff your selling is worth? Let me know if you were satisfied in using an ebay store. (I would list myself but going to school full time and really busy and honestly dont know how much this stuff is worth...)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 9:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• You are WAY better off selling it yourself. They will charge you AT LEAST 30% - not including the listing fees.

I have listed things for people, if you are interested let me know and I can help. I charge WAY less than the stores.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I did it myself, way easy & cheaper. If you don't know the value look it up on ebay & see what others are charging.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I do mine myself. I just look up what other people are selling it for (or similar items) and go for an average sum. Then for shipping I go with flat rate boxes. They tend to be a LOT cheaper than others (unless it's like a shirt or something light). I put the price of the flat rate box in the charges for shipping and that's about it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It's mostly like professional camera equipment and guitars and such. My father passed away last April and this is pretty much whats left to sell (am still paying for funeral costs. so this will be going towards that). But some of this is unique stuff so I dont even know what it is all called never the less if other even have it listed.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Get it appraised if you can. That may help. Just remember that shipping can be killer with bigger and heavier items. Have you tried Craigslist yet? That'll help sell it and you don't have to pay for shipping.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I thought about craigslist. it's just a matter of not knowing what the heck some of the stuff is professionally called or and specifics about it. (dont want to loose tons of money from a dishonest person telling me its not worth anything either do to the cause for this money). Also I really dont know of any appraisers in the area and/or how much one would charge? We live in a pretty small town.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010