have you ever had a large sum of money that you spent and then later regretted spending

what did you spend it on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• maybe in my 20 a long time ago have no idea now
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• We do with out tax returns. It ALWAYS goes by faster than I'd like. This year we got a LOT (hubby got laid off) and we had it all spent within 3 days. It took them about 3 weeks to deposit it, so we had everything planned out and went and got it all as soon as we could. I'm pretty happy with what we got, but I just wish it hadn't "disappeared" as quickly! lol!
    Anonymous

• $1000 on a moving truck to fla, only to turn around and move back 2 months later - UGH
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I spent it on my loser ex-boyfriend! My family warned me about him but I was stupid until I finally saw the light.
    Anonymous

• I got a large settlement and first thing we did was take the kids to disneyland, Arizona and Vegas, came back bought a house and paid it off, got married and went on a honeymoon all in 6 months and the money was gone. Only thing I wish I could change was how much I spent on the wedding
    Anonymous

• YES!!!! When I turned 21 I got a trust fund that my grandparents had set up for me. It was about $38,000. I bought a car, which I still have and don't regret buying. I got my computer. I loaned my sis $4,000 so she could finish her last term in college. I gave some to my mom to help with bills, and my daughter had a very good birthday and Christmas that year and the next. I don't regret any of those things, but then I turned stupid. I had set up a fund for my daughter that had about $3,000 and then one for me that had about the same.. That I ended up going through in no time flat. Some of it I did use responsibly, like for car maintenance and insurance, and a couple months of rent.. But then I wasted a ton of it on drugs. I can't truly regret it, because I learned from it and grew, but I do feel badly that I did it and would take it back if I could. BTW- I'm clean now and have been for a few years. I'm much better with $ now!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I got a large settlement when I was 20 I spent some wisely and spent some more stupidly but in the end when you hit a rock you always wish you had that money and more of it. It's a never ending battle even when you have it your still gonna want to spend it. But do you???
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 10:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• We just sold our investment house....so needless to say we have a very large amount of money in the bank...I want to go hog wild sooo bad but wince weve been pretty broke over the past 2 years weve been really good with our money so I feel wrong about spending it lol. I've done a little shopping here and there but nothing extreme Im nervous itll be gone in a flash!
    Anonymous

• I've made some bad car decisions (BTW, it's worth it for Gap Insurance! If you don't have it on your financed car, LOOK INTO IT!!!). Other than that, not really... You have to have money to spend money :-/
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Hubs spent $300 a few weeks ago that we really didn't need to spend and I'm kicking myself for approving it before looking at the numbers again. Technically we're okay, but I'm cheap and large amounts of money freak me out.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010