What is the difference between a DVD plus or minus RW, and DVD plus R?

Because I have three drive slots on my puter: one is a floppy, one says DVD +RW8-¬RW; the other says CD-ROM. When I insert a DVD+RW, the puter does not "recognize" that a disc is in there, and will not accept it in either drive. Also, when I click off the check mark for "read only" attribute in properties for a CD-RW, so it can be either read only or not, it does not stay checked, and immediately goes back to "read only." Anyone--help?? Thanks very much!

isb63

Asked by isb63 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• RW is Rewriteable

Anonymous

• Yep. Basically you can only record ONCE on a DVR. You can record OVER A dvd RW.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:38 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• If your computer will not recognize any DVD or CD's it could be a bad drive. The optics in the DVD drive could be bad as well. I would contact the manufacturer's help desk to make sure.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2010