Foul smell from toddler's vagina?

My 3 year old has a foul smell coming from her vagina. I notice it when I wipe her after she goes to the bathroom and when I put her in a diaper at night. She doesn't complain of her vagina itching or hurting. It just smells bad. Anyone else ever gone through this? What it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It may be a yeast infection.
    Anonymous

• When it happens with my girl I know I just need to wash her more often & better (in the bath).
    Anonymous

• If it smells more like a urine smell it could just be shes not wiping well or maybe just needs to have more bath times, but if its more of a foul musty order it could be a yeast infection or something else, if she is red in her privates may be from a rash but you should take her to the peds and get her checked, good luck with the baby!!!
    protectivemompa

Answer by protectivemompa at 10:52 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I would make sure to let her soak in warm water at least once a night and as long as she will play in the bath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If she potty trained then try using a wet wipe/butt wipe when she uses the bathroom. My DD gets this was when she does not wet well enough with TP.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Wash her vagina better and make sure she is dry before putting on a diaper or underware. She could also have an infection.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2010