soda during pregnancy??

ok some people say "DONT DRINK SODA" "ITS BAD 4 U" and some people say "i DRUNK IT THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE PREGNANCY"

is it really bad to drink it.. or is it just the soda with the Caff..
cuz i love 7-up

lscott2208

Asked by lscott2208 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think soda is not recommended because of the caffeine. I drank caffeine free soda my whole pregnancy...and did have the occasional regular Coke or Pepsi just because clear pop gets old fast. Its fine. Just don't drink a lot of it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• its the caffine.. I drink 7 up to! really you can have caffine to as long as it's in moderation
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I drank coke throughout my pregnancy - after the 1st trimester ( i would have drank it then too but I couldn't stand anything with any sweet taste!). I think they just worry about caffeine. But the studys out now say you can have something like 200mg of the stuff with no problem. But don't quote that number I could be totally wrong! :) Talk to your doctor about it - that's the best advice!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I always thought it was bad because of the caffine and the asbertain
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 10:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• The only reason I don't drink it during this pregnancy is because the carbonation makes me feel all bloated and sick.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i only drank milk, water and juice sometimes. I had miscarried twice before and wanted to be as healthy as possible...it probably wouldnt have made a difference but
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• ...sorry...i was willing to try anything to get my baby
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I drank soda all throughout both of my pregnancies. The first I did the caffeine route..........this last one I did caffeine free. But you have to be careful of the sugar as well as the caffeine. They say, one cup of coffee is ok during pregnancy, so about the equivalent for soda.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• JaymeZ- aspartame is only in diet sodas.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• if you dont over do it...it should be fine to drink it
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010