i had a miscarriage last year in June, so far its been 7 mon....

and i am still not pregnant. i take my prenatal like a religion every day, i dont even skip a day. i just barely missed my period 2 days ago... and am really hoping this time we go it done.(me&hub)
has it taken this long for anyone else to get preg after a miscarry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a miscarriage in november of 2004. We started trying to get pregnant again in feb. of 2005 and I didnt get pregnant until jan. 2006. So it took me a year.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had a m/c in April 2005, we didn't get pregnant until April 2006. I was taking my temp, charting, knew exactly when I was ovulating. I got so frustrated that nothing was happening. We got pregnant the month that I said that I quit. And after that we had no problems getting pregnant. We ended up with three kids in 33 months. Good luck to you!!
    Anonymous

• You could start charting. It took me that long to get pregnant after my ectopic, but I was using birth control lol. My current pregnancy is a bit of an "oops" :p

Infertility is not even looked into as an option until it's been a year of having sex AT THE TIME OF OVULATION (meaning you have to know when you're ovulatng), and nothing has happened. Which means it's normal for it to take several months. Only 50 of the 300 MILLION sperm ejaculated ever reach the fallopian tubes, and half of them choose the wrong side. An egg only lives for 12-24 hours and then it dies... so when you think about it, you have a pretty narrow window.

Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Totally helped me!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• It is very common for it to take a while for women to become pregnant after a miscarriage. Just keep trying, it'll happen for you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• OH I"VE CHARTED BELEIVE ME!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I m/c in June 2005, got pg again in August 2005 only to m/c again in September 2005. 4.5 years later and I still don't have my child. :(
    Anonymous

• i had a m/c on July'2008 (@9 weeks) , and not yet blessed. so more than 1 and a half years now.
    Font

Answer by Font at 10:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2010