Thyroid Problems.

Question, can a thyroid problem through your period off wackous? I recently had some blood work done, and I got a letter stating to come into the office which I had already made an appointment for Thursday! ( Blood work was Cholestrol (Yearly thing) and thyroid! I wanted Hormone and Iron too but insurance wouldnt' pay for it till I had seen a doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Health

• Oh yeah! I have thyroid problems and it throws everything out of wack.  I have several female family members who have thyroid problems too and take meds for them. It can cause weight gain, real heavy or real light periods, horrible cramping or no cramping, and it can effect other health issues. I agree that u need to monitor it and stay on top of it. Good luck!

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 4:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes. It can cause infertility and lack of periods or really heavy periods. What was your TSH? Find out. You need to monitor that. It needs to be under 3. :)
    Anonymous