I need help! I am freaking out....took the kids to the dr today & they have scabies!!!! How do I kill these things?!!?!

I need help! I am freaking out....took the kids to the dr today & they have scabies!!!! Gross....how do I kill these things?!!?!! The dr laughed at me and said they probably got it from preschool but I feel icky now! I have lysoled/laundered/steam cleaned and am getting ready to vacuum and then steam again.....anything else Moms???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I checked out a site for you.  This is what I found:

How to Kill Infestation

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Sounds like you covered it, I am guessing the doctor gave you a cream? I am not sure about scabies but I remember with Lice you can put pillows and stuffed animals in garbage bags for two weeks.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• I had scabies as a child. From what I can recall, scabies are under the skin and the dr. should have prescribed a cream to kill them. There isn't a whole lot else you can do, besides launder, lysol, and vacuum. It'll all go away soon.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• thanks guys!! I forgot to put in there that he did give us all a cream to use for two days and to be sure and wash everything tonight and tomorrow night....i found the website on putting the stuffed animals in bags for 3 days because they can't live w/o a host "what a horrible thought!!!" for 3 days
    Anonymous

• Lol relax . You are doing the rights things
    Anonymous

• Ack I'd be freaking out too!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:34 AM on Feb. 7, 2010