My son will be 3 next month and i cant seem to get him to use the potty. He seems ready and interested but not willing to use it when needed. Please help me!

mommytoshawn121

Asked by mommytoshawn121 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i have the same issue my son is 4 and he can do it and will but on his terms and then has no interest in it..... my mother in law says that it is a boy thing..... I can't wait until it gets warm out so that i can just put undies on him and let him go outside and not worry about cleaning up a piddle mess! The funny thing is that his 2 yr old sister is almost potty trained!
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 11:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Are you using a potty chair? It definitely is about when they are ready..but...I had one child who wouldn't sit on the potty chair to save his life. Put him on the toilet ..no problems. On the other hand my oldest was afraid to be in the bathroom with the toilet flushed until he was almost 5.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i let him decide which potty he wants to use.... he loves the toilet flushing. he also stands to pee in the training potty. i am going to wait for warmer weather to get him started...
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 12:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• my son will be three in 2weeks. we started on the weekends (when we are home all day) puttin him in Underwear and giving him all he wants to drink (water only) then every 30-45 mins we sit on the potty for 5 mins if he goes we give him a treat if he doesnt go we just get down and go play some more..but be vigilant if you notice him starting to squat sit or stand still for more then a second ask if he needs to potty if the answer is no check for wetness its yes then off to the potty you go..its harder for us during the week since DH and me work full time jobs and im not sure if the daycare is following through but our hopes are up and spirits are good that in a few months we will say good bye to diapers...good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 7, 2010