Lowe's or Home Depot?

Which store do you go to the most for your home improvement needs...and why do you like to shop there?

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Home Depot, overall better prices.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Lowes-- they have the zero VOC paint we like. And the store is cleaner and the people are friendlier.

I think the prices are exactly the same.

When we can, we buy from our family owned hardware store. They have amazing prices and the old guys who hang out around there always give good tips about projects.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• lowes- I like the paint lines too- they just seem to be more on the ball than home depot ever seems to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Home Depot because they do military discount.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Lowes is a cleaner store, the prices are about the same to me. I NEVER go to Lowes if I need advice. The people that work there are friendly...but they don't have a clue. At home depot they guys in plumbing KNOW what they're doing . Same in every department in Home Depot.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:04 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Where I'm from Home Depot stopped military discounts. Lowe's still gives it though.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Lowe's also price matches. they will match the price of an item and beat the price by 10%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I'll go to Home Depot first, especially when I need advice. The Lowe's, which is closer and near DS2's pre-k, is dirty and filled with unhelpful people. But the Lowe's by DH's work is really nice with knowledgeable people. I think it depends on the store. The most consistent place I've found is Ace Hardware.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I never liked Home Depot, but that's not the reason I shop at Lowe's.
    Every Sunday after church we'd go get breakfast ("We" being my parents and I) and then go to Lowe's. Then when I was older I was employed with Lowe's. It's just apart of me, it's got a place in my heart. One specific Lowe's really, but all Lowe's are my one choice for home improvement. I know how the store opperates and what they have in their store. I just connect with that store, as corny as that sounds.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Lowe's gives a 10 % military discount. No idea if H.D. does or how much. Depends on my mood :) Where I am, they are almost right next to each other, so they are pretty competitive price wise.
    Psylocke

Answer by Psylocke at 12:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010