any advice will help

i had my membranes stripped at 2pm today, now my back is killing me and i am having contractions about 6 minutes apart. i am almost positive im going into labor. how much longer should i wait to call my doctor and go to the hospital?

momamay2010

Asked by momamay2010 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would call and let them know
    MommyBulger

Answer by MommyBulger at 11:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Keep track, write down how long they last, how far apart they are. If they continue to get longer and closer together and last more than an hour, go to the hospital. If they are irregular, just keep track and see if they go away.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:56 PM on Feb. 5, 2010

• i would call them now, they will let you know exactly when they want you to come in. or they will tell you to walk and call back later. it never hurts to call.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• omggg this is so painful! i cant believe all these woman have gone through this! we are insane huh?! they are getting 3-4 minutes apart now for the past forty minutes :( aaaaaaaaaahhhh im still up walking around though, trying to keep things moving
    momamay2010

Answer by momamay2010 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i got mine done... never had a contraction what so ever... my water ended up breaking 2 days after i got it done... my doctor told me once they were 5 minutes apart to go in... or if my water broke... this all just happen in the last week... i got it done tuesday the 26th... i had my son the 29th, and it's now the 5th.... lol good luck to you... WALK ALOT!!! it really does help... i didn't think it was at first.. but it really does.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 1:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Sounds like you're on your way! Good regular contractions increasing in time like that are a pretty good sign. Did you call them yet, if you're 3-4 minutes apart? Good to keep walking, like you are. You can also use the shower (hand held shower heads are a godsend during labor!!) and an exercise ball if you have one. Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Thank you so much everyone for your insight the other night on this! Now i am home with my beautiful baby boy Luca. 18inches, 6lbs 1.5oz born 11:29am 02/06/10. He is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me! I guess those contractions werent braxton hicks LOL! My labor and deliver went better than i ever could have imagined. Got to the hospital at 1:30am and he was born at 11:29am. UNBELIEVABLE! especially since this was my first pregnancy. but hey im certainly not complaining! haha anyways, thank you very much everyone
    momamay2010

Answer by momamay2010 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2010