I am 4 months pregnant and have an uncontrollable vaginal itch with no odor or discharge. My OBGYN says it's just part of the pregnancy and does not want to gove me anything...sitz bath is all she says. That's fine but this is killing me...any suggestions?

Qtyaya0131

Asked by Qtyaya0131 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cold pack. Dab a little witch hazel on the area.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• ask if you can use goldbond medicated powder
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I wonder if aloe would help...it's likely dryness from bein prego....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• dont put it on the inside or anything just a little dash in your panties...i wouldnt think it would hurt
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Thank you ladies....does anyone know if Vagisil is safe during pregnancy?
    Qtyaya0131

Answer by Qtyaya0131 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Vagicaine or Vagisil.... works GREAT!! it's OTC so ask the pharmacist if it's ok. I would think it's fine b/c it's topical and external.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• be care not to wash with anything that has alot of dyes and perfumes in it....I had the same problem....i bought summers eve sensitive and vagisil wipes to help with the itch for the first couple of days...now that i use the summers eve wash i dont get irritaited down there...your body changes alot when you become pregnant...hope this helps
    rosie2guns

Answer by rosie2guns at 12:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Try sleeping bottomless (no panties or anything). Your girlie bits are more moist than usual (this is normal, and will increase over the course of your pregnancy), and they need air. I had awful itching during my pregnancy. I agree about using body wash without perfumes or dyes. NEVER use douche or put anything up there (whether you're pregnant or not); it's a self cleaning area, and unless you have a confirmed infection (which you don't), don't use anything like Monistat or other meds.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2010