Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get custodyof my children from my mother

I'm supposed to have primary physical custody upon agreement at family court with my mother but she is not cooperating at all.I'm lucky if I see my children once a month.She started it by calling children and youth services on her own daughter because I did have a problem in the past with drugs.I have not touched anything since October of 2008 and still she holds it against me.I even started schooling online at Everest College just to better myself.She has no sympathy for me at all.I just don't know what else to do.What actually made me stop and realize about my problem is when the father of my children passed away from an overdose the day after I had his son which was on October 8,2008.Please I need help.What should I do?Should I file for a contempt?I'll be waiting for an answer.Thank You.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • she has been clean since 2008 folks. WTF part of stay clean dont you all get? she is doing great!

    OP if you have a court order of primary custody and you have a copy of it go to the police andhave an excort bring you over and they wil inform you mom to hand the children over to you. least that is how it works here

    Answer by sati769leigh at 1:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

  • So she was awarded sole custody? If she's breaking her custody agreement with you then i'd go back to court and fight it, or however it was provided for you before, legal help. She can get in trouble for breaking her custody agreement with you, and i'd try to get employed somewhere and do all that you can do to show you are fit mother, who can or is at least trying to provide for her children.
    It's so wonderful that you've turned your life around. Keep up all the great work your doing girly!!! xoxoxo

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

  • NO Offence, but I would have done the same thing. I had a horrible childhood growing up, and I wish someone would have taken me out of there sooner than 15. I dont understand how anyone could do that crap around their kids. But I give you big props for quitting and trying to better yourself. I would say you should sit down and have a long honest convo with your mother, and tell her everything and what you would do to get them back. And contact a lawyer or something to help you out with your case. But do not do it if you are not truely better and past that. No child deserves to see their parents on drugs. Or alcoholics. When you are messed up like that crap happens that you may not realize or remember. I was horribly abused and abandoned because of my father being a drunk, and coke head.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

  • I agree with anon.
    If she is not following the court order she can get in trouble for that. If she does have pull physical custody of the children then you can still request for a change in the current custody order. Be prepared for drug tests, proof of income and other such things. Good luck to you!

    Answer by outstandingLove at 12:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

  • uh. ...i mean anon 53. not the other anon.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 12:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

  • you have to stay clean , prove you can provide a stable nuturing home and get a good legal representative.
    I do hope you stay clean and do right by your kids they deserve it ., If you are not done with that part of your life you should leave them where they are IMO

    Answer by freedomthinks at 1:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010