Pink eye

My son is 14 months. Just was at the doctor today for a check up from having a ear infection. At 6pm my hubby texts me at work saying that he thinks my son has pink eye. And I peaked at him when I got home and almost positive that he does. I really dont want to have to go to the er to get perscription eye drops for pink eye. Do you think theres any chance the oncall doc that covers for his doc on the weekends would call in a perscription without him having to go to the er?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, I can tell you what a nurse has told me- you wash the eyes out with tear free baby shampoo-
    but I would still talk to a medical person to see if medicine was needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Thank you
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I know my son doctor office have an after care clinic or you take him to the Take Care Clinic in Walgreens. The nurse give my son something for his cold.
    nikistrong3

Answer by nikistrong3 at 12:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes I believe it's possible for the doctor that's on call to call in something.At least my doctor's assistant did that for me.
    dhdestiny318

Answer by dhdestiny318 at 3:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Pinkeye is extremely contagious. It is very common. It usually is not serious and goes away in 7 to 10 days without medical treatment. However, if your child shows symptoms of pinkeye, it's important to see a doctor. Some kinds of pinkeye go away on their own, but other types require treatment.

Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If he has an ear infection, the pink eye is most likily bacterial and will need antibitoic eye drops to clear it up. (Viral pink eye will go away on its own and the drops will have no effect). Call the on call and see what they say. Given that he was just there and has a bacterial infection they will probably agree with you and call in the script.
    Anonymous