I feel like a horrible mother when I know it wasn't my fault?

Dd is 2 and just got her first ear infection!!!! On top of that she has eczema on her butt! I feel horribe for her... She's in so much pain and I can't immediately fix it! Took her to the dr and she has meds but is still hurt! She's never had a cold before this and suddenly she has all this! How do you releive the guilt when something like this happens!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh my gosh! I know exactly what you're going through. It's so tough to see your little one sick and in pain! When my son is sick I just want to hold him and cry! Hell, he bumped his head pretty hard about a month ago and it left a HUGE knot and a bruise. I cried so hard because I couldn't move fast enough to grab him before he hit his head. I think as mothers, we see our children, not as separate beings but parts of ourselves (at least that's how I see my son) so it hurts that much worse when there's nothing we can do. I think if you DIDN'T feel sad about your little one being sick, that would be something to worry about.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• never had guilt when my kids were sick...i know what you mean though, my son wasn't sick the first year of his life then turned one and the ear infections were every other month. sucked big time. you'll get through it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• aw honey!! its natural. you feel helpless and so you feel guilty. but you are doing everything you can
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• With lots of hugs and kisses on the head, also my kids like to snuggle up to me and it seems to settle them. Then all you can do is wait and hope it all passes soon.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 2:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• It's not your fault at all.Children get sick all the time and there's nothing you can do to help it unfortunately.That does not in any way make you a horrible mother.I know how you feel.My daughter is 3 and she just got over being sick.She was throwing up everything.She couldn't even hold water down.I felt so bad for her.It kills me to see my kids sick.Hang in there.It won't last forever.
    dhdestiny318

Answer by dhdestiny318 at 3:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Mine had mrsa and me and my bf had to hold her down on the e.r. Bed while they cut her ass cheek open and drained it then packed it full of gauze. I cried like a u kno what! U'll feel better when she does! Stay strong!!!!
    graciepoo143

Answer by graciepoo143 at 3:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• We as mommy;'s have to stay strong. we to grow from each experience as well.I realized when my oldest (who is 17 now) had to go to a specialist to see about her allergies and she had to lay down on a Dr. bed and I held her hand well they put over 40 tiny pricks on her back to see what exactlly she was allergic to.And I cried and she didn't .They are stronger than we think and they are stronger the better we hold it together.She was 6 I think. I learn from my children too all the time. She'll be fine because you took her to the Dr. so now you just sit with her and wait with her and love her.This to shall pass,Hugs~!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 6:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• theres only so much you can do as a mom, getting sick isnt one of those things you can fully prevent. as had as you try, they are gonna get sick. my son had never even had a fever until her was about 18 months and then he started getting colds every other month this winter...but its not me, the weather is just crazy here! its 60 one week then the next its snowing!!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• its natural.

something that Mommy can't heal is horrible.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2010