Bitter religion

I have noticed a few people seem so bitter towards a certain religion. Isn't this one of those areas where we should forgive and forget? Start thinking about what we believe instead of what others believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would be very content to leave well enough alone if one religion would get out of the judgeing others busines and stay out of women's uteruses
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Many of my fellow Pagans can be bitter toward Christianity. Notice I said the religion not the people themselves. I personally don't. I recognize the goodness in any religion even if I can't put my heart into believing it. Its the people who judge and condemn that I cannot abide. Religion is suppose to make us better people. To live our life in a good way. Not show us who to hate and who to love.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• "I have noticed a few people seem so bitter towards a certain religion. Isn't this one of those areas where we should forgive and forget? Start thinking about what we believe instead of what others believe?"

the only time I get "bitter" toward any belief, is when it interferes with mine, or can be harmful to another.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:17 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Isn't this one of those areas where we should forgive and forget?

Forgiveness must be earned
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Forgiveness must be earned.

I personally disagree. I've forgiven some pretty extreme crap in my life, and none of it was "earned". I just had no interest in carrying it around with me for the rest of my life.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:02 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Forgiveness must be earned?

well when my grandfather died without ever expressing one bit of sorrow for cheating on my grandmother and raping her daughters she felt it necessary to forgive him on his death bed even though they had been separated for over a decade. Becareful waitiing for forgivness, you might carry a grudge around for a very long time?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• if one religion would...stay out of women's uteruses

May I ask which ONE religion you are talking about as there are several religions that do not agree with abortion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• it always seems like the bitter ppl think the religion "wronged" them in some way. and instead of seeing it as a fault of the specific humans they dealt w/ in that religion, they see it as a flaw in the religion itself. imo, bitterness always comes from ignorance on the bitter persons part. they refuse to see beyond the fact that they were wronged & put that on ALL ppl of that religious belief. they would feel a lot better if they forgave (i dont believe we have to forget, but thats a different issue).

and for every religion there is someone who is bitterly opposed to it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Forgiveness is for an act that is done and over with. What many people do not "forgive" other religions for is ongoing. Oppression, abuse, misogyny - ongoing acts that they continue to condone and endorse daily. Do you forgive Fred Phelps and Osama BinLaden?
    Anonymous

• "Forgiveness must be earned "

at what cost if forgiveness? Handing over my personal beliefs so they suit the majority to appease them? Or simply apologizing for the anger in my tone? That much I will apologize for. But once words are spoken they can't be taken back. Words, regardless of how malicious they can be, come from somewhere within side of us, and are the truth. You can only apologize for the way in which they were said, not the words themselves.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2010