My 2 year old fell on my 5 month old...

My oldest who will be 2 in a couple weeks, and is pretty small for her age, fell over a toy and landed butt furst on my 5-month olds head. She landed on like the forehead area and now the last 20 mins my youngest has been crying pretty fiercly on and off... should i take her to the er? she seems ok other than that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes take her in! She could have a fracture!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 2:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Awww :0) that probably smarts!! Give the little one some space and keep her covered and warm, if it isn't working just keep around and check for a while, maybe just learn what cry it seems like. It's a big weight to land on a small little head, if it were me, I'd feel like going to the e.r. and at least it's documented and they can later be called for updates if things don't improve or something doesn't seem normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Was it a hard floor, on a carpet, was the child asleep, and let them know how long a time she was screaming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Oh Boy!! Check the babys head all alround by touching softly w/ur fingers and also make sure ur looking to see if u see any lumps or bruses. Dont let her fall a sleep. call a after hrs nurse. she can probably tell u what to look for and if to take the baby in or not.

I Hope the baby is OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• OP here - she was on carpet and she was awake when it happened. She's been crying on and off, she just started crying again after not for about 20 minutes.. chances are I'm going to take her in. I didn't see any bumps or bruises anywhere and I did check around her whole head. Thanks for the responses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Ya, I would take her in, if for nothing else to be safe than sorry. Head injuries are so tricky. Just be sure not to place blame on your 2 year old. I bet she already feels bad enough and it was an accident.

I hope everything is ok.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 8:16 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• pls take her to the ER.. better not to take any chances
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2010