Which diaper is best

I have used Pampers Cruisers for my daughter and then I have used them for my son who is 20 months old. They have worked fine until about a month ago, no sure if they changed the way they are made or what. At night my son wets his diaper alot, I will even get up in the middle of the night and change his diaper but for some reason by morning he is soaked is wet to the touch on the outside and his clothes will be wet all around his diaper area. Has anyone else had this problem and what would be a good diaper to try and switch him to that holds alot.

hosein

Asked by hosein at 2:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is drinking maybe right before bed??? Is he old enough to know to drink earlier without a fight??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• He does still have a bottle at night, he might drink for a minute and then he is settled. For some reason that is the only way he will settle back down and sleep, if I don't do this than I am up at 3 or 4 in the morning with him. They used to still hold when he wet but about a month ago they stopped.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 2:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Oh and that is the only time he has a bottle, during the day he drinks from a sippy cup with a straw. Well or my cup. LOL
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 2:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I use cloth diapers, but sometimes with those you don't want anything tight around the diaper area, it causes the diaper to wick. Maybe that could happen with disposables too. So is he wearing a onesie ?

What I do is one layer of thinner footie pj's under and then a fleece footie over to keep him warm.

Cloth diapers are great for keeping a babies butt dry. I use Bum Genius fleece ones and they wick away the wetness from his skin at night.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Huggies works best for my dd.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I prefer Huggies or gDiapers. Pampers are not American made.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Which Huggies diaper is better? I tried one a while ago but it didn't his legs good, my son has skinny legs so the diaper seems to be loose around his legs.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 3:42 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If they are loose around his legs you could try using a smaller size for a more snug fit. I use huggies natural fit.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 3:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I absolutely despise Huggies. They are just trash. I have tried them, but I wasnt thrilled... So I got a sample in the mail. Still wasnt thrilled. They were much harder than Pampers and thinner. Just seemed really cheap to me. Id rather use an unheard of off brand. I stick by Pampers. My daughter has never had a leak, and they absorb alot.

Just love them!
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:12 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• ok so i dont know if its just the amout that your son drinks or what, but mine is the same age and he doesnt use a sippy cup anymore so he usually doesnt go to bed with anything to drink after dinnertime and i use the parents choice diapers from walmart and he never leaks unless he drinks a cup of apple juice before bed lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2010