question for people that have had a c section?

have u had any type of infection after c section? IF so how did u know that u had one? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a uterine infection after my c-section. I knew I had one because it started with more discomfort than before, then it developed into full blown pain where I couldn't even stand upright. I also ended up with a fever. In the end, I was back in the hospital because of it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I thought I had an infection because it was still painful & there was a musky scent near the cut. Turns out I was just sweating more near the incision because of the heat my body was creating there trying to heal. Whenever you suspect anything wrong though, you should talk to your OB or family practice doctore to make sure everything is alright.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I had one while still in the hospital. I just had a fever.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I had a reaction to the dissolvable stiches they used on me....my incision was painful and irritated until they finally disolved - right around 6 weeks. not fun....
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2010