I had a c section 4 weeks ago

and im feeling really dizzy is this normal at this stage? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I remember the medications I was on making me dizzy....but other than that, no, I never felt that.

Are you still bleeding pretty heavily? Loosing a lot of blood from post partum bleeding could be to blame. Don't sit up or stand up too fast and make sure you're getting plenty of fluids. If you're soaking through more than 1 pad an hour, you need to call your doctor.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• how much pain meds are you still on? are you getting enough liguids?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I don't remember having dizzy spells after the first week (I had my c-section in October). You may want to talk to your doctor about it. Don't get up too fast as it may cause fainting, but definitely bring it up with your doctor.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I would call your dr because my friend had a c section last year, she came home and started feeling dizzy, and had to go right back into the hospital again. Don't take chances...
    philsmom977

Answer by philsmom977 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I agree, Check with your care provider. Also you might need to up your Iron intake. Dizziness can be a sign of Anemia.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2010