It's the middle of the night and while your awake and the house is quiet do you ever

Hear weird things? noises you can't explain? or maybe even saw something?

And no, not your husband coming out to ask you why your still up or your little one needing to go potty, lol

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 4:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES. I hear EVERYTHING. When my DH was in Iraq, I had to condition myself. I'd never lived alone (well, I had my daughter, but she's 2 and is no help :)) and when he first left, I had her in the bedroom with me, and I kept the porch, kitchen, hall, and living room lights on, as well as my bedroom door shut and locked. I started shutting one light off at a time. By the time he came home, she was in her bed, my bedroom door was open, and the only light on was the stove light. It took time, but I got it!

The strangest (and scariest noise) had me calling my BIL from 2 doors down to come check it out at 2 am. My husband's workshop (all his tools and stuff) was in our basement, and he had a radio down there. No one had set foot in there in about a month, but I laid down one night and could hear music. I laid in the floor with my ear down and could make out a song. I still wonder - HOW THE HECK DID THE RADIO GET ON?!?!!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• our house was built in 1918
    at night it settles a lot
    weird noises etc
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:44 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• YES i do! All sorts of stuff to tellyou the truth
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• if I'm up in the middle of the night i have the tv on so i don't hear those creepy noises heheh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Nope. Not while I am still awake. The sounds and such happen when i turn the lights off and go to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes, and the worst is that when I am home alone the cats both will sit up suddenly and both look toward the hallway. It gives me the jitters. I tell them to cut it out!

Answer by Bmat at 7:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Once I saw a mouse run under the couch!
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 8:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes, I do hear all kind of noises, like the pipes, wind, nothing out of the ordinary though, it doesn't scare me. Now if I hear my dogs barking then I get scared!

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• When the temp is below zero, my house "cracks". It is pretty loud and it scared me until I found out thet a 10 below or colder night will cause the house to contract and creak and sometimes loud cracking sounds. Otherwise, it is quiet here .
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• YES! It's not as bad as it was when we lived in the country though. You could hear every little tweak or creak. Now in the city there's always some noise every now and then, like a car going by or the train.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010