How old was your child when you switched them from a carseat to a booster seat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• for us he wont be. his seat is a full adjustablt from when he was an infant to now basically a chair like booster to hold the seat belt. we have just adjusted straps as he has needed it, wish i could be of more help
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:09 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My son switched a few months after turning 3 because he out grew his carseat.....he is about the size of a 4 year old.I might wait until my dd is 4 because she is small for her age.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 8:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• my oldest had just turned 4, but she is very tall, my middle is almost 4 and is small for her age but she is in a booster with a 5 point harness because the tilt of the carseat was hurting her legs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• #1 was in her convertible seat until she was 5 1/2 and then was in a booster still using the 5pt harness until she was 6 1/2. She was just under 40lbs at that time when we switched her.
    #2 was 3 1/2 and already like 45lbs and bigger then most 4yos.
    #3 was in something with a 5pt harness until she was 5 1/2.
    #4 is almost 4 an in a booster with a 5pt harness. She's only like 35lbs so she's got time. Also we have no where to put another booster. Our middle seats in our truck only have lap belts and you can't use a booster without a shoulder belt.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My kids are 3 and 6 and are still in 5pt harness
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My 4 year old is in the Graco Nautilus 5 pt harness and will be for as long as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My four year old is still in a 5 point harness. She will remain harnessed until she reaches the limit which is 65 pounds. Since she weighs 29 pounds, she has a long ways to go before we convert it into a high back booster.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 11:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My 6,4 and 2 yr olds are still in 5 pt harness carseats. My 6 yr old is almost ready for it to adjust to only the high back booster with the shoulder belt, but still has a little time.
    Anonymous

• oldest was 5 - she was way too tall.

middle was 5 as well.

youngest will be soon - she just got really tall. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• DS is 2 and a half, DD is 4 and a half, and they are both still harnessed. In fact, DS is still rear facing. I'd say its time when they outgrow the harness, 4 yrs and 40 lbs being the absolute minimum.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2010