There are a couple of you that really think that O's is trying to play nice w/ the Repubs...can you prove it?

http://newsmax.com/Headline/obama-gop-democrats-attack/2010/02/03/id/348859

I find it quite interesting that he campaigned on "change" from the ole' dirty politics of yesterday but yet since he has gotten his wake-up call he's out "swinging."

pvtjokerus

Asked by pvtjokerus at 8:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Let him go at it. Let him say things like that. He and his fellow progressives will begin to look childish and petty. Conservatives and the true democrats will need to be dignified and completely aware of their comments and actions. The more they pitch their "2 year old temper tantrums" the more people will see through their actions. There is a desperation evident in statements like PreBO and others are making. It turns people off. He will end up being the president of the fringe element.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Try do open up your mind a little more.....In every thing there are good and bad sides.Prove me that you are willing to open your mind ,can you?????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

***
    And yet...I only see the bad...time and time again. Instead of answering questions with questions, why don't YOU provide an ANSWER, and maybe even support that answer with a "middle of the road" link?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:46 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• LoriKeet
    I can ask the same from you...Where is your answer ????????? You like to pick fights don't YOU????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• LOL!! I AGREE with the OP...so there is NOTHING for me to prove! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• You can't prove anything,one way or the other. We, as Americans, are constantly being duped by the Media. Get used to it and I wouldn't even GUESS what is going on with anything in Washington,in the Senate or the Congress or the WHite House.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I agree with Linda about the media! I THINK BO would now understand its time to bring the Repbubs into the fold- moderate a little and work on compromise and get things done. I think that whole we are the majority, we can fix everything to our liking backfired and they stalled out, dare I even say got their butts kicked in MA. The administrations that do the most good are the ones that understand we are a nation of many parties and values-not just their own (or the ones the media likes). Although I voted McCain and felt he understood this best- I am hopeful for all of our sakes that the current admin is getting the message and we will actually move forward.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I don't blame him if he attacks the GOP. He's tried so long to get them to play ball and they keep refusing. I really think he needs to just get on with his job without them. Too much bickering, and he should know by now that they're not going to ever work with him.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Exactly HOW did he try to get them to play ball. Time and time again a republican senator or congressman would try to come to the dems with alternative plans and compromises. They were not even looked at. Democrats have held secret night meetings, locking out C-Span and the Republicans. They have made it perfectly clear from the get go that they will not listen to a word any republican says.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• He's tried so long to get them to play ball

How so? Specific examples. The superbowl party last year is one, but everyone at that party was locked out of legislation by Pelosi, so it was really rather pointless. Have anything more substantial than that?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010