Sick baby

My 5 month old has a virus. She is coughing and has a really running nose. she also has a double ear infection. She wont take her medicine though, she gags and sometimes even throws it up. What can i do to get her to take her antibiotics and tylenol/motrin?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:41 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aww poor baby....try mixing it with just a little (diluted) orange juice? oj is strong so she shouldnt be able to detect the meds, add water so it the juice wont be too strong for her lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Maybe mix it with a little apple juice? or applesauce?

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Did you taste the antibiotics? My dtr has to take Prilosec and was refusing it. I tasted it myself and nearly vomitted. I have to have the pharmacy flavor it, and have had to do this since she was about 8 weeks old (her gastroenterologist was the one who suggested the flavoring) Now she'll take it. OH, and I also give it to her when she's hungry by putting the syringe into a nipple and feeding it to her that way. She'll suck on a nipple, but not on a medicine dropper.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 6:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2010