1 month old is very uneasy today

my normally peaceful breastfed 1 month old is very uneasy today. its def not a growth spurt because she is unable to bf as usual. she is leaving the breast crying (and there is lots of milk). i think she is gassy but i dont know what i can do to relieve it. she is able to sleep on her stomach either in my hands or against my chest with constant patting which is what i have been doing all day today (if i put her down she wakes up within minutes). im not sure if ill be able to keep it up at night though.
any home remedies to help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried mylecon drops? they usually work great for my dd when she has gas. give it to her right before a feeding.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• mylecon gas drops saved me!!! My baby was really gassy for a bit, their digestive systems aren't fully developed when born so they go thru a period of upset tummy. Get some gas drops, remember to burp after every feeding, during if needed. she'll sleep better if you prop her up a bit, if her head's higher than her tummy it helps hold the stomach acid where's its supposed to be & not creeping up her throat.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• like everyone else said; gas drops. but also, if you have a bouncy chair that vibrates try that, my doctor said the vibration helps move the gas down and out :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Bicycle her legs and push them into her chest (not so much that it hurts her).
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Lay her flat on her back, sit in front of her and gently push her knees to and from her chest. This helps move the gas and eventually pushes it out. A warm bath also helps relieve it, as it relaxes the muscles to allow the trapped air to pass through. You can also do a warm compress on her bare belly. Another thing you can do is lay her across your lap and pat her back. One more thing you can do is gently massage her belly. That will help relieve gas too.

The best ways though are gently pushing her knees to and from her chest or a warm bath.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• P.s. The knees to and from the chest is a time old method that my parents used on my sisters and I, and I've used on my kids. My daughter is super gassy and it works on her everytime.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:49 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• It also could be too much milk/overactive let down. It overwhelms sometimes if the milk comes out too fast and can give gas .http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010