Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling

Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming

Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

So much for Global Warming, good thing we now have "Climate Change", right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LMAO. Facts is facts. Another FACT is that as the information about the crock of crap that global WARMING is continues to roll out the left has been switching the moniker to "climate change". Even those RAKING IN THE MONEY know the gig is up and they better change the battle plan. I have ZERO problem recycling and reducing. I have a PROBLEM with the govt levying TAXES on me to line the pockets of SPECIAL interests. And hey.......whats wrong with smileys...I use them TOO! :) :) :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Is anyone really surprised?
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:26 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Record cold in Minnesota? LOLOL....the temps have been avaerage this year. The last time we had any extremely cold temps was in the early 90's. WHere did this information come from? Record cold in Minnesota is 40 below or colder. When I was in grade schoool back in the 1940's we had some 40 below days and school continued....My Dad drove us to school. But I think weather is so changeable and unpredictable and has been since they started recording weather data that NOBODY can make any absolute statements about it. Lets be calm. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Lindalu, it says it right in the article:

All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data.

They are probably more acurate than your memory.  Glad to hear your dad drove, and you didn't have to walk 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways.  :-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Not really surprised. They can't accurately predict if it will snow today, I certainly am not hopeful on long-term worldwide forecasts.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

They are probably more acurate than your memory. Glad to hear your dad drove, and you didn't have to walk 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways.
    *************
    In some cases, there is a justification for sarcasm and "snarking" but in this case, it just makes you look bad. Unless you have lived in Minnesota for over 60 years and are capable ofany kind of rational thoughts, you can't tell me you and the article aren't a bit biased and misinformed.Why should we believe any of the Global Warming and Global Cooling articles?Why is this any more accurate than the others?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• "All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data."

Lindalu, you asked where the data came from.  I supplied the info.  This is FACT.  The temperature data is verifiable FACT.  You are saying your memories is more accurate than NASA's DATA.  That's funny.

And that little smiley face at the end of my post indicated a gentle teasing.  Stop getting so worked up. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• hmm...i know we've had a much colder winter than usual here in Oklahoma (its been miserable!). maybe the "green" movement has accomplished something...or the weather cycle has finally turned back around. either way it doesnt mean that we should stop cutting down on pollution & finding alternative forms of energy, heating, & cooling.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I agree, okmanders. I think it makes sense to take care of the earth, reduce our energy consumption, etc. I really don't like the scare tactics we have been seeing lately, though.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2010