pregnancy weight gain.

so im 169lbs and 5'7'' i was wondering if i should just gain about 5 druing pregnancy, cus i know its hard to lose weight after you have the baby, would this be advisable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is ironic bc I just journaled about this question. I would ask my dr what s/he would advise. Please ck out the journal "Baby Fat".
    philsmom977

Answer by philsmom977 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i am 5'7'' and 29 weeks pregnant....i weigh 142 now and have gained 15pounds so far...it is normal to gain 20 to 35 pounds during pregnancy...it is NOT recommended to lose weight or diet during preg. you are comprominsing the maximum growth and develeopment of you baby if you dont gain the necessary weight. i lose weight very easily after i give birth, but i work at it. If you eat right and exercise then you should have nothing to worry about. Talk with your doc about what is healthy during preg.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• From what I have read, it is recommended for women who are VERY overweight to gain at least 10-15 lbs during pregnancy and you're not even close to VERY overweight. I gained between 17-22 lbs with my last 4 pregnancies and lost it quite quickly - with my last one I was down to below prepregnancy weight within 2-3 weeks. It's not that hard to lose weight after you have a baby, unless you gain more than the recommended amount (ie over 35 lbs). Especially if you nurse, the weight will generally just come right off.

Answer by missanc at 11:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Your recommended weight gain for your weight is about 15-20 pounds.

Check out www.blueribbonbaby.com
    Anonymous

• I was 125lbs 5'6 when I got pregnant. I gained 15lbs during my whole pregnancy... I was allllllll belly... I had my son 8 days ago, who was 6lbs... and I'm already back in my size 3 jeans! I think it just depends how the person how fast you lost it... My doctor told me 20-35lbs is the recommended weight gain... I highly doubt you'll just gain 5lbs during your whole pregnancy... Don't worry about the weight! You having someone amazing come from it!! Most of my friends have babies 2-5 months older than mine... and it took them about a month to get pre pregnancy weight back... Just work out... You'll be fine :)
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 2:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2010