If a friend thinks you can not date out of your league, what do you think friend or foe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I disagree with leefraagh.
    I don't think there is a such thing as a "League". I think we have the ability to connect with anyone whether similar or different from us. We were taught from a young age, regardless of what social class (etc) you are from, that there are certain people that you will never be able to 'catch'. When in reality we can connect with someone who appears to be way out of our 'league' just as much (if not less or more) then someone 'in our league'. Attraction is not based on background, social class, nationality, religion, or any of that. So to say someone is out of your league is an excuse and it limits you. It's a safe zone..

For someone else to say you "cannot date out of your league" .. well if they were saying that you personally cannot, then she is trying to bring you down to make herself feel better. It's an insecurity based comment. If she was saying "Nobody can", then it is ignorance.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• jealous bitch
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• not a friend
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:51 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I'm with Nyx7, agree completely.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 10:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I would think she's jealous, find a new suportive friend
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I think she is on to something. I don't know that I would call it league. I think we have a tendency to date people on the same level as us looks wise, background, socioeconomic status. I know this isn't true all the time, but I think it is in general. Its not a bad thing either.
    leefraagh

Answer by leefraagh at 11:00 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• leefraagh, what you posted is a theory in psychology. That people do tend to date others at their same level.

To the OP, I would find out what this person meant and how did this person put it?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:07 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• She dated someone famous. I told her that I also knew someone famous but never dated. She thinks that she on another level but believe me I don't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes. JazzlikeMraz you are so on my page. You can read through all that too. The funny thing is in the beginning as a friend she was so on my level and so sweet and now it is really odd. I guess since she gained weight and not so all that fashion wise either she feels that if she says that it makes her feel so much better since she was with the famous person. I honestly think she needs to keep the conceited comments and rants to herself. Life does revolve around other people. SO what if you were with him? You are not with him now...too bad....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 6, 2010