What is your dating etiquette?

I don't have any, don't usually date many men cause I fall for the first one that I hang out with... lol. I don't want to settle anymore because I always find myself in bad relationships.

I am asking because I am curious and because maybe it could help give me some help in the futureb when I do decide to date.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Don't sleep with the guy on the first date. Wait until you have a good idea of what kind of relationship you have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My suggestion is getting some help to figure out WHY you put yourself out there emotionally so fast. and work on yourself for a while before dating at al
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:52 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Don't sleep with them on 1st date. No alcohlic's & must have a car & job.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:54 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Don't sleep with a guy on the first date.
    No alcoholic drinks on the first or second date.

I used to be the same as you. I would fall hard for the first guy with the personality traits I liked. Then find myself with losers. Then I decided that no matter how much I intitially I liked the guy I wouldn't say anything about it. Not to friends, not to family, not even to myself. I would pretend like he's just a cool guy. I would keep hanging out and keep getting to know him. Then after a while I'd either realize he was a complete douche or he was truely a great guy. I taught myself how to not fall hard on the first meet. It was hard, not an easy road, but I did it. I realized that I talked him up soo much in my head based on a few likeable traits, that I ignored the red flags. Then once the red flags were ignored he became perfect. Bad idea. Just be realistic with yourself and be honest with yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• ROTFLMBO... it never would have occurred to me to list no sex. I guess Im not that slutty.

It has been well over 20 yrs since I have dated. I would say you need to choose wisely - they need to have a life, and afford the life they have (meaning have a career not just a job/ be a forward moving man/ be moral/ active/ etc). You need to be interested in them... no dating for a free meal. They need to pay, open doors, speak appropriately, etc. NEVER settle... always aim high.  Dont be/act desparate. 

hummm... there is probably much much more.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010