Baby names: How did you decide on your baby's name?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 10:58 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first child is a boy and my husband is a JR and wanted a III so even though I was not thrilled with it, it meant so much to him we did it. He uses a family nick name so we don't have name confusion. I had two names I always loved so when we found out our second was a boy- we used the boy name. It has no family meaning, it is just a name I have always been fond of, its not unusual or anything.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:08 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• With DS my husband made a list of names he liked and I chose one off of it.
    With DD my husband and I had always liked the name.

Their middle names are my mom and dad's first and middle names.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:25 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• It was very important to hubby that the first boy be named after his father... he even told me this while we were dating... so that was a given.

While we were dating and discussing what we wanted out of life he said he wanted kids, and he always loved a particular name for a girl. So when we were pregnant I brought up that name as my choice (wink - it wasnt) and he was thrilled. In 15 yrs I have never told him that wasnt my first choice - lol... he just loved the name so much, and I loved him.

the last kid-o we just went back and forth looking for ethnic names (his ethnicity) and agreed on one.

Both girls have their grandma's name as a middle name - out of respect for our parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• our first daughter, i went through lists of names before he picked one he liked too
    with our second daughter, he wanted them both to have S names, so i said fine and i picked the only S name that i liked lol
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 11:38 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My first son's first name is named after my cousin that passed away.His middle names are after his father.Yes ladies my son has 2 middle names!!My second son my husband and I made a list of possible names but we argued over it all the time.My first son came in and just looked at the list and said why don't you put these 2 names together.It was perfect together so in essence my 7 year old named his baby brother!!!
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 2:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• well i liked one name and noone liked it then i picked another name but i had alot of lists. so finally the whole family was around the thanksgiving table and came up with a name during conversation and i liked the name and it went well with the middle name which is my grandmother's first name. so that is how she got her name. and it suits her.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010