At what age should I be watching for chickenpox? And is it worse at different seasons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, my sister had chickenpox at the age of 9 months old. I didn't have them until I was in the first grade. My h.s. boyfriend had them his Jr. year. So the age differs for all. I haven't seen chicken pox for quite some time though, since the vac. has been available.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 11:37 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I think you can get them at any age. I know its worse for adults. I don't know about different seasons. None of my kids ever had them because of the vaccine, but I do know that in most cases of children who get them, it's nothing horribly dangerous or anything if they are treated properly.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:53 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Since they vaccinate for it now, it is a lot less likely that you will come in contact with it. It is my understanding that it is a lot worse for teens and adults than it is for younger children. My kids have all been vaccinated for it. I got it when I was in kindergarten and I brought it home to my younger sister. My husband had it when he was in high school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure what this question is referring to exactly. Do you mean in yourself or kids? I had it as an adult and IT WAS AWFUL. I have never been the same since. It is very hard on grown ups.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• A child can get chickenpox at anytime, anywhere. All it takes is exposure
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Like Zakysmommy said. It is worse when you are an adult.
    Anonymous