Which religions a believe abortion is killing a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Catholic Religion.
    Anonymous

• i would say just about ANY religion believe abortion is killing a baby
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I would believe every religion would.
    Anonymous

• All three of the Abrahimic faiths do, although the restrictions on them are slighlty different.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I cannot speak for ALL Pagans but *I* believe in every woman's Goddess-Given right to choose whether or not she wishes her body to be a conduit to new life or not. 

And as a believer in reincarnation,tho I cannot speak for all, *I* believe terminating a pregnancy is telling that soul "Sorry, try again." 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• actually abortion depends on PERSONAL beliefs. When the baby is actually able to take credit for being a baby. Some believe it's when the sperm meets the egg.. others believe it's when it attaches to the uterus wall. (about 2 weeks), some believe it's when it develops nerves (around 4-5 weeks) and others when it develops a heart beat (around 6-7 weeks), some not until it is viable outside the womb (can be after the first trimester, although unlikely until at least 4-5 months into the pregnancy). and yet others don't believe it until they are outside of the womb and breathing.
    some religions may dictate it as the moment of conception, but defining that is even difficult, because some argue it's the moment the sperm leaves the man, to travel toward the egg, while others its not until it attaches to the uterus wall.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:20 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• It's not religious, its personal choice. Those that are doing it because their "church" says so, don't think for themselves. I don't think its right, but for extremely cases ( incest, rape, True medical emergencies ( ie, baby is already dead, or various other factors) then Its 'ok" ( as long as its not for those that are getting pregnant every other month because they can't tell a guy no and or use BC)
    Anonymous

• I thought it was called a fetus not a baby.

Anonymous

• It's not really a belief that belongs to a certain religion. It's a personal belief based on the assumption that human life begins at conception and as such abortion is murderous. I am a pro-lifer, but not because of my religion so much as I believe it to be a murderous act.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2010