Please answer quickly my baby is hungry and I need to know if this is OK

I know they say it's okay to give your baby yogurt after 6 months. As long is it's full fat yogurt. My baby eats yogurt and eats cheese and stuff perfectly fine. He's 9 months old. I'm all out of baby food, and hubby's at work, I have no way of getting more....I have yogurt but it's low fat yogurt, can I give it to my baby this once? It's fruit yogurt, natural, with the chunks of fruit...will it hurt my baby to give him low fat yogurt this once?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is perfectley ok. youre just supposed to give them whole fat because its good for their growth. go ahead and give it to him. :)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I am sure he will be fine honey
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• as long as there r no artificial sweetners its ok
    Anonymous

• just give the baby normal table food! Baby food is just a marketing gimmick. Save your money. It is fine. read this  http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Your baby can have macaroni and cheese. If your baby is eating dairy already, mac and cheese would be good too(and a little more filling) You can give the yogurt as a dessert if you want to. Just cut the noodles in half depending on how many teeth he has by now if he doesn't have alot yet(but most babies do by now).

That low fat yogurt is fine.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• You can always breasfeed or give formula too. Babies still need this type of nourishment until they are 1 year or more.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I gave my son low fat in a pinch. There isn't anything WRONG with low fat, they just need the fat for development, but if they are getting the whole fat yogurt most of the time, then it's fine to give him the low fat occasionally.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My son is 8 months and I nurse but lately instead of leaving the dinner table at a restaurant to nurse I give him some of my food as long as it is mashed or soft enough to not choke. Then I do the major feeding at home.

Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• low fat yogurt is fine - - full fat yogurt is recommended because the fat is good for them, but low fat yogurt will not hurt them.
    HOWEVER, at 9 months, a child should still be getting ALL of their nutritional needs met through breastmilk/formula. That should be offered first, and solids second - - solids until 1 are just for fun.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food and should not be given to a baby before age one.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010