my 4yr old(pull ups)

hello everyone my Q, FOR TODAY IS MY YEAR OLD (GRL) I WANT HER OUT PULLUPS!! SHE AT 1X HAD STOP WEARING THEM BUT MY DAUGHTER HER MOTHER MESSED UP OUR LIL PROGRAM AND SHE BECUZ SHE DIDNT WANNA LET HER GO TO THE BTHRM STARTED BACK PUTTING THEM ON HER SO ITS BEEN HARD FOR ME, BUT SHE ONLY WEAR THEM AT NIGHT BEEN WAY 2LONG NOW SHE DID THE OLDEST THE SAME WAY BUT I GT HER BACK ON TRACK,, BUT THE 4YR OLD WILL BE 5 THIS YR AND ITS ONLY A NIGHT THING BUT I FEEL ITS TIME OUT FOR THE PULLUPS(SORRY MOMS) MY DAUGHTER BEEN OUT THE PIC FOR A WHILE,MY DAUGHTER WAS ABUSIVE TOWARD THEM IS SOME OF THE REASON'S.but i am tired of buying pullups when i am buying pampers as well for the baby brother yeah i have all 3!! for those that dont know,,anyway how can i get her out these pullups mom's

6carebears

Asked by 6carebears at 12:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• just stop buying them, when theyre gone theyre gone for good. tell her she has to get up and pee at night from now on. cut off her drinking after 7pm, u may have a few nights with accidents but at her age(unless she has a physical problem) her brain will wake her up when she needs to go.
    Anonymous

• Just take them. If she's physically capable of going all night, then just stop putting her in them. Put a matress pad on the bed (maybe even a potty chair in her room so it's not far to go at night), and then have her clean up any accidents herself. (take the sheets to the washer or rinse in bathroom, etc). If she's 4, she can talk to you about this. Ask her why she uses them and tell her big girl don't need them. Give her time to cope. If she's attached to them, there could be an emotional reason. So be prepared for that too.
    Anonymous

• My son is three and has pullups at night. No big deal. And I will continue them for as long as he has accidents at night. When his pullups are consistently dry at night then I will switch them over. It isn't a failure to have a child in pullups. Every child is different. My son's self esteem would decrease if he had accidents in his pants every night. Not to mention we would never get any sleep. I'm comfortable with our choice on the pullups. The other issue is not every child is ready to go through the night without urinating or some children do not wake, particularly if they are in the middle of REM sleep, to use the bathroom. It is of no personal deficit of the child or an unwillingness.  If you want to get rid of the pullups for financial reasons you can try.  But if you expect your four year old to stay dry through the night....that is a totally different situation.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010