Okay, I was a very light smoker before becoming pregnant. It seemed that I would get a craving or urge for nicotine every few weeks or so and would only smoke 3 or 4 during that time frame. I am almost 5 months pregnant and still get those cravings and withdrawls. Is it terrible to smoke 3 ciggs in a month? Or does anyone else have this same thing? I have only slipped once my entire pregnancy once and just curious how truly damaging it is...Please don't judge...just answers would be great!

Is it really bad to smoke between 1 and 3 or 4 cigs a month while pregnant????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• smoking is an addiction , and a pretty hard one to stop since everywhere sells them. honestly as long as you are doing your very very best, i highly doubt a half dozen cigs your whole pregnancy is gonna hurt anything.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Any smoking is bad for your baby. Smoking increases your baby's risk of respitory problems both directly after birth and through out life. It also increases your child's risk of developing SIDS.

Other things that can happen as a result of smoking are learning disabilities, delays in development and be sicker in general.

All of this info came from my developmental psychology book. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

• yes cause she didnt KNOW that and she needs a lecture. she needs to do the best she can. riddling herself with guilt will only mnean she smokes MORE
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• She asked if it was harmful. I gave her the info.

You're so full of drama today Sati.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused by your answer...who is it you thingk "needs" a lecture? You make yourself look stupid when you pass judgement like that. I will have you know that I am an extremely responsible and mature woman. I paid attention in school and I am not a dunce. If I wanted to lie about how much I smoked, why would I even ask the question?? Maybe if you're that type of person who lies about your facts then I could understand why you would respond that way. Good luck with that!
    RoseLewis32

Answer by RoseLewis32 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• yeah i know? i dont know what i am channelling but the drama queen can leave now!!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Sarcam? i mean you DIDNT need a lesson, you are already fully aware of the facts.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• eh it's not good for you so of corse it's not good for baby but i smoked my entire pregnancy and more then i did before i was pregnant my baby was born a healthy 7lbs 3oz and is healthy as a horse now a little over 4 months and 18lbs :) so a few a month wont do any harm
    Anonymous

• Hello,

I know cravings can suck ass..lol but just try. Believe me I know it is hard. One thing I was addicted to was energy drink ands coca-cola. However, those too are not good for baby. So mine comment is only to give you a bit of motivation and hang in there. Try your hardest cause that is all we can do right ? :)

And Anon. 2:02 sounds like she was only answering your questions, not coming odwn or placing judgement. So f*ck off Sati..

Have a good day lady and hope it works out!
    Anonymous

• hey op what abuot those new E cigarettes? you get the nicotine without the harmful crud
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010